Fortunately, there are many whitening options that are affordable and deliver dramatic results. Whitening your teeth is an incredibly effective way to brighten your smile, and dentist-supervised treatment is the safest, most dependable way to a favorable outcome.
Most likely a good candidate for treatment because the procedure is low-risk with minimal side effects. You should still check with your dentist first because there are certain factors—porcelain veneers, crowns, dental bonding, or worn enamel, among others—that preclude treatment.
When you visit your dentist, be sure to find out if she performs teeth whitening on a regular basis. Ask about the different methods available, including laser whitening like Zoom, and customized whitening trays.
Where to Begin
A consultation with your dentist should inform you about:
- your candidacy for teeth whitening
- which whitening option is best for you
- whether an in-office or at-home solution is right for you
The cost of whitening depends on the type of treatment. When making a choice, remember that the lower priced/over-the-counter forms of whitening are often the least effective.
- Take-home treatments cost $276 at Pickart Dental, including the cost of whitening trays and gel.
- In-office whitening can cost $400 to $500, depending on the number of sessions needed. Pickart Dental Zoom is $468.
If you follow a professional whitening regimen, your smile should dramatically improve along with a huge boost in self-esteem. Just be sure to heed the advice of your dentist and keep your expectations realistic.